A Yarn Bomb Tribute

The summer Olympics this year take place in London. An anonymous Yarnbomber in Saltburn, in North Yorkshire has created a worthy tribute for the honor bestowed upon England.

Photo copyright North News & Pictures Ltd

The town’s pier is covered with a 50 yard long scarf! Almost every Olympic event is represented on this woolie wonder! The knit athletes are quite detailed and range from swimmers to sharp shooters and gymnasts.

To read the full article, click here.

I wonder if the Saltburn Yarnbomber’s identity will ever be known. Or if the motivation and cost, both time and financial, will ever be learned.

Take care Spud & Chloë Pals!

6 Responses to “A Yarn Bomb Tribute”

1. March 17, 2012 at 9:37 am ^)^linda says:

this is the most awesome display of knitting talent i’ve seen!! i would love to hear the history behind this project…the display is so unique and detailed! i love it!

• March 19, 2012 at 11:48 am Katie says:

It is awesome! I wish I could go, both to see the Yarnbomb and to the Olympics. I’ve tried reading a few more articles for more information, but the link in the post is the most in depth I could find. I hope the “Bomber” strikes again before the Olympics. Or perhaps after, something to commemorate the winners?

2. March 17, 2012 at 11:04 am Patty says:

Wow that is so cool! And the worked involved. Must have been a group of people did this?

• March 19, 2012 at 11:50 am Katie says:

A group does seem more logical doesn’t it? Fifty yards is *a ton* of knitting. I know how long it takes me to knit a detailed toy and even just a scarf! Although, I try to never underestimate the power of a motivated knitter. ;)

3. March 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm Irene Blanchard says:

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing yarn bombing extravaganza with us! I love that the Paralympics are included. Really fine knitting there, and what a lot of love in all of those stitches!

Irene

• March 19, 2012 at 11:56 am Cousin Katie says:

Yes, perhaps the most loving detail of all is that *everyone* is included.