Farewell

I want to take this opportunity to tell you all that I am moving on from being the curator on the Spud & Chloë blog. I want to send my greatest appreciation to everyone who has jumped in wholeheartedly on this adventure. To be involved in the start of something new and fresh has been exciting, fun, and a lot of good old-fashioned hard work, to say the least.

Again, thank you for the support. I will always look back on these last few years with fond memories and I hope that you will, too.

xoxo,  Susan

32 Responses to “Farewell”

1. December 30, 2011 at 11:38 am Mandy says:

Your aesthetic is beautiful, whimsical, and fun. You will be missed!

2. December 30, 2011 at 11:49 am Lucy says:

Oh! This is certainly a big surprise!

3. December 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm Faith says:

Best wishes to you – thanks for the time you’ve devoted to this project and the patterns you created.

4. December 30, 2011 at 12:22 pm Phoebe says:

Oh! This is a big surprise… and a bit sad… I’ll miss you!
    Best wishes to you Susan! and thank you for all the projects and patterns you have created. And all the best for the New 2012 Year!

5. December 30, 2011 at 1:55 pm enidb says:

Thanks for all the great posts and projects. Good luck to both Spud & Chloe and Susan!

6. December 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm nancy says:

Whoah! You ARE Spud and Chloe to me! You’ll be missed but I’ll see you & your designs around the internet. Thanks for such a fun, colorful S & C blog. You always made it an inspiration for me with your colorful designs.

7. December 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm KathieR says:

Your blog has been a true inspiration to me and my knitting creativity!! You will truly be missed. I wish you all the best in your next endeavor, and in whatever comes your way that you are “leaving us” for! Thank you for the time you have spent sharing with all of us.

8. December 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm Debra Perli says:

Thank you for all your creative projects. Enjoy your new path and know that you will be missed.

9. December 30, 2011 at 5:32 pm andi says:

*sniff*

I’ll still be stalking your personal blog! Best for everything and I’m sure that you’ll be entertaining many with new ideas and creativity in other places!

10. December 30, 2011 at 7:40 pm Anna says:

Thank you for all your posts and patterns! I’ll continue to follow you on your personal blog. Good luck to you!

11. December 30, 2011 at 7:45 pm Kathy Bridges says:

The number of patterns I have tried from this blog is amazing. You are such a talented person. Currently I am doing your fairy and flower from winter knitty. I wish you the best and will continue to stalk, I mean follow you wherever you go!

12. December 30, 2011 at 8:55 pm Marilyn Nance says:

You will be missed! Best wishes for the future…

13. December 30, 2011 at 10:29 pm Mel Ireson says:

Good Luck with your new adventures in whatever form they may take Susan, so glad you have a personal blog for us to keep up with still.
    Thank You so much for all the inspiration you provide to us all on a daily basis,
    Much love, Mel x x

14. December 31, 2011 at 9:17 am Suzanne says:

Boo hoo but I know that you will move on to great things. Good luck!

15. December 31, 2011 at 10:54 am Robin says:

Oh, Susan, this is sad news.
    I run a blog for a magazine and know the incredible work it is and the pressure, too. (I will never think of the word “traffic” in quite the same way.
    Good luck with whatever is next for you and I will think of you whenever I knit the patterns you have lovingly and thoughtfully provided.

16. December 31, 2011 at 10:55 am Robin says:

Also, Susan did not provide a link to this: http://susanbanderson.blogspot.com/. It is her own lovely blog, which I shall now follow.

17. December 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm Joanne says:

Well that took the air out of my balloon, I enjoyed this blog and the patterns as well. Change is good and sometimes necessary, so having said that good luck in whatever path life brings you and remember what great joy you have given to the world of knitting. Stay well and a happy and healthy new year to you. WILL MISS YOU joanne

18. December 31, 2011 at 6:09 pm barb yerke says:

You will be missed. With the schedule you keep, I totally understand that you need to readjust your priorities for 2012. I will continue to follow your blog and keep up with all you are doing.

Happy New Year, barb

19. December 31, 2011 at 10:31 pm kim says:

sad to see the end of this ‘era’ because I took up knitting right as spud & chloe was taking off, and all Susan’s tutorials and videos along with the extremely fun and well written patterns really helped me so so much! I was never a ‘scarf knitter’ I took on every project and every technique available here, girls at knit night can’t believe just how new I really still am. thanks for all the inspiration along the way, can’t wait to see what new things both Susan and Spud Says! have to come! good luck and happy new year indeed!

20. January 1, 2012 at 1:10 am Kim says:

What?? I am so surprised to hear that you’re saying Farewell on Spud & Cloe. I will miss you & all of your knitterly antics, you have a natural knack for teaching, I hope you’ll continue.

I do hope the very best for you. God bless you :)

21. January 1, 2012 at 1:20 am MaryJo says:

We will really miss you! I love knitting Spud and Chloe and their friends. Happy New Year

22. January 1, 2012 at 11:22 am MuttiRuth says:

Oh, my! I will surely miss following you on Spud Says, but I will continue to follow your personal blog. Thanks for all the wonderful patterns, great knitting hints, and encouraging words to us, your readers. I look forward to the new book that you are working on. You have taken my own personal knitting to a new level. Thanks, more than you will ever know. (I hope the swim team party went well last night!) Happy New Year to you and your family.

23. January 1, 2012 at 1:36 pm Samantha W. says:

I am heartbroken, but am grateful to have had the opportunity to discover you, Spud, and Chloe even tho very recent. I’m sure the knitting community will see you do great new things in the future.

24. January 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm Clarinda says:

Thank you for providing so many free patterns to all of us. I am an experienced knitter, but I learned some new techniques from you, which I greatly appreciate.

I am a college professor, teaching many people each year, but in this case, I have been the student, and I’m glad you were my teacher. My best to you and yours!

25. January 2, 2012 at 1:59 am Kimberley says:

I am sad to see you go but I must say thank you. You gave me the courage and enthusiasm to “really” become a KNITTER. I’m working on my first sweater because of you.

26. January 2, 2012 at 2:26 pm joy greenberg says:

I will miss you, Susan! Always loved your great ideas!

27. January 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm TroyJ says:

Susan, love the blog reads . . one that I really have (or make) time to read. You will be missed . . .keep producing the patterns & all the cool knits. Best wishes in the new year

28. January 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm Dorothy says:

I wish you all the best in the future. You’ve been wonderful in this position. Thank you for all the terrific projects and ideas and for all your hard work.

29. January 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm Tiffanie says:

What?!! Oh no! Thanks for everything, Susan (especially walking me through my first sweater).

30. January 3, 2012 at 9:52 am Kaye says:

Susan, Good for you! Change can be so good. You’ve been like a sister knitting adviser to me just about daily. I’ll keep following your advice and instruction and I wish you well in the New Year. Thank you for everything you shared with us!

31. January 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm Reneelynn says:

Thanks Susan for all the great patterns so far. Will keep up with you on your blog.

32. January 5, 2012 at 3:03 am Agnes says:

You will be missed… All the best!!!