Beluga and….

I have become enamored with a variety of colors paired up with Spud & Chloë Sweater in the Beluga colorway. Every color in Sweater looks so beautiful when combined with this heather gray worsted yarn. I have finally landed on a gray and yellow color combination that I am really crazy about.

In fact, I have two wound cakes that are sitting stacked on each other in the Beluga #7521 and the Firefly #7505 colorways. I keep looking at them and wondering what to make. Should the hanks become a hat, mitts, a scarf, a shawl, a cardigan, a cowl? Maybe all of the above?

The next free pattern on the blog will be something in grellow!

It is so good. I am casting on today….

What Spud & Chloë creations are you making right now? I’d love to hear about your projects and your color combination loves of the moment.

17 Responses to “Beluga and….”

1. October 12, 2011 at 9:51 am Sara in WI says:

Grellow. You’re so cute!

2. October 12, 2011 at 9:54 am missy says:

i’ve already begun working on christmas – i’m working on the “shroom” hat from knitty for my sister (in rocket!). once that’s done, i’m starting on the fairies pattern that is in the knit simple magazine for my nieces.

3. October 12, 2011 at 10:10 am Lucia says:

I am going to make a sweater out of the Beluga colorway with fun cable pattenr down the back and a ruffled boarder in the Splash colorway. I have the yarn and the pattern and icant wait to start it!

• October 12, 2011 at 10:12 am Lucia says:

p.s. sorry for all the typos…I should never type comments on my phone…

4. October 12, 2011 at 10:18 am Julie P. says:

I recently knitted Elefante in JellyBean and Penguin for the IB Swap. Turned out cute. I like the yellow and gray. Can’t wait to see what they become.

RavID: Tanknit

5. October 12, 2011 at 10:21 am Maria says:

Love the colors. What I’m I saying? I LOVE ALL the colors in Spud and Chloe! :) I can’t wait to see what you make!!!

6. October 12, 2011 at 10:22 am Amy says:

’tis the season for pumpkin hats made out of Spud & Chloe cider & grass!

7. October 12, 2011 at 10:57 am Tammy says:

Hat and scarf….in some kind of fairisle pattern.

8. October 12, 2011 at 2:17 pm Chris says:

OOH!!! How about a really cool, easy cardigan for us knitting babies? ;)

• October 13, 2011 at 6:37 am Laura says:

Yes, that sounds great! I love the colour combination!

9. October 12, 2011 at 6:42 pm Kim says:

Our KAL cardigan, I’m putting on the second sleeve tonight. I LOVED working on this, it literally took me less then a week. Its a good thing cuz two of my daughters are requesting one for Christmas :)

10. October 12, 2011 at 7:44 pm Jennifer says:

Love love love this yarn … it gives great stitch definition. I recently finished a patchwork blanket in just about every colour of sweater!
    I’m starting another one of these for a friend in a couple of weeks and I’m thinking of recommending Grellow … these colours are amazing together!

11. October 12, 2011 at 9:58 pm Lucy says:

I love S&C Sweater! But my more recent favorite has to be S&C Fine! I had two skeins each of Anemone and Calypso, and I absolutely love my two projects that came out with combining these two colors.

First has to be the Little Baby Sweater I knit for our new baby due next Jan. It’s so adorable! And thanks to the lighter weight yarn, I think it can well last into Spring (I knit it a little larger than original size in the pattern). Here’s my ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/catmilc/little-baby-sweater

And this Ruffled Neck Kerchief from “Boutique Knits” is very chic. I used S&C Fine and it turned out great! Ravelry project pager: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/catmilc/ruffled-neck-kerchief

I love S&C Fine. I wish there’re more sweater projects with this yarn.

12. October 13, 2011 at 10:58 am Jennie K says:

I LOVE the grellow combo. It’s seems to be the fun new color combo in the scrapbook world. My skin tone does not work well with yellow, but a shawl would be lovely.
    javajennie on Ravelry.

13. October 14, 2011 at 12:54 am Kelly Martin says:

Beluga/Pollen is my new favorite combo. But, I just finished a Go Team hat in ice cream and Lake with some Beluga trim. Oh, and Barn Cat is almost complete and is paired with a Go Team hat in Pollen/Firefly with Watermellon trim for a sweet 6 year olds birthday present. Love Susan’s patterns, love Spud and Chloe!

14. October 15, 2011 at 1:33 am JK says:

I’m a recent convert to Spud & Chloe sweater. I *love* it. After two sets of fingerless mitts, I’m knitting a ribbed hat in Moonlight, Ice Cream, and . . . help! Not sure what other colour to use! Grass? Firefly? Cider?

Please share your ideas. I’ve been looking at Moonlight so long I no longer know what to match it with.

15. October 17, 2011 at 7:33 am Mel Ireson says:

Hi Susan,
    I am knitting tiny elf in popsicle, greenand icecream, the colours look super yummy together like christmas candy canes :0)
    I love Beluga and firefly is delish :0)
    Much love, Mel x x