Ruminating

Ruminating means to think, muse and ponder. It can also mean, in medical terms, to chew on food that’s already been chewed. I know that last definition is a little gross but I am talking figuratively not literally and in a design sense. Both of these definitions ring true for what I am planning.

Yesterday I gathered up an armload of Spud & Chloë Outer in nine gorgeous colors. I even cast on to play around a bit. The two colors missing from the photos are on my needles right now. I have been spending some quiet time doing research in my stitch dictionaries as well.

I hope to have more time to ruminate today. When you see a big bunch of beautiful yarn like this it is so inspiring.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Are you pondering over any new Spud & Chloë projects? Fill me in!

16 Responses to “Ruminating”

1. June 30, 2011 at 1:39 pm Suzanne says:

From what you have shared in interviews, I know you are a hard worker and that you rise early. With summer here and kids on vacation, I’m rising earlier and earlier to get my exercise and runs in before putting on the mom hat. There’s so much going on plus the laundry and housework. I think I need to learn how to knit in my sleep so I can get more of that done too. :-)

• June 30, 2011 at 3:41 pm sanderson says:

good start to your day!

2. June 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm Patricia says:

Yes, those are gorgeous skeins of yarn, and your placemats are so cute too! Can’t wait to see what you’ve been chewing on! :)

3. June 30, 2011 at 10:47 pm Tanknit says:

Love it when you ruminate (ponder that is). :) Your latest shrug is calling me in that lovely Beluga color.

4. July 1, 2011 at 9:52 am Edith says:

It gets my mind to going just looking at those wonderful colors!!

5. July 1, 2011 at 12:16 pm Maria says:

I love working with the Outer and I can’t wait to see what you come up with! I just ordered some Sweater in Beluga. I want to make the shrug you just designed. I love the design and the color you chose.:) I’m almost finished with my Fat Robin! :)

• July 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm sanderson says:

yay, maria! i love the Outer, too.

6. July 2, 2011 at 1:27 am Penni Sinclair says:

Where did you get those OH SO CUTE Placemats!?

• July 3, 2011 at 6:40 pm sanderson says:

I sewed them myself:)

• July 5, 2011 at 12:39 am Penni Sinclair says:

Look up the word “TALENTED” in the dictionary and we would see your picture! Impressive!!!! LOVE Them, they make me happy! (As well as all of your other talents!) :) )))

7. July 3, 2011 at 12:52 am Sharon themadknitter says:

Funny you should ask as I am in a dilema as to which of the colors I have in Spud and Chloe fine (sock weight) to use together for a Citron shawl help, help I feel color challenged. It has been weeks the color issue has challenged me.

• July 3, 2011 at 6:41 pm sanderson says:

How about sassafras, cricket, the new sidewalk, or any of the shades of blue? there are a lot of good choices for sure!

8. July 4, 2011 at 2:01 am Speattle says:

I recently finished my very first Spud and Chloe yarn project! Made the little “Hello Baby” cardigan with pollen color edged in turtle. (This baby is due in October, so I am thinking pumpkins). I found the perfect pumpkin (not jack-o-lantern) buttons this afternoon. I plan to make a pumpkin hat out of the remaining yarn and probably some quick little garter booties. Baby shower is end of this month.

It is beautiful yarn to work with.

9. July 4, 2011 at 11:58 am Luisa says:

My next major Spüd and Chloe project includes one hank of each colour in FINE & knitting them into a gorgeous throw/blanket!! My heart skipped a beat seeing all those colorful hanks in a bundle…..

10. July 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm Kelly says:

Finished a Fat Robin and a blue bird/egg this week.

I’m planning to start a playground hoodie tomorrow! Just can’t decide if it should be Sandbox/Snow Ball or Sandbox/Rocket?! Oh, and my Baby doll set is cast on as well, I love your inspiration!

11. December 21, 2011 at 12:55 pm Emmanuel Caden says:

I beloved as much as you will obtain performed right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you want be delivering the following. unwell definitely come further beforehand once more since exactly the same just about very steadily inside case you shield this hike.