Twisted Loop Stitch Tutorial

Today is the kickoff for the Spud Knitalong! The pattern for Spud is found in our new book, Spud & Chloë at the Farm which can be purchased at your local yarn shop, online yarn shops and local, and online bookshops as well.

I have the first video tutorial ready to share today. I am demonstrating how to make Spud’s wooly coat using the twisted loop stitch. The twisted loop stitch is abbreviated as “tl” in the pattern. Although I didn’t invent the stitch technique, I named the stitch for my patterns and haven’t seen this technique used in this manner before. This is most likely the only place to look it up at this point.

Click here to see the video for the twisted loop stitch on youtube.

To join in the knitalong just start knitting! There is a thread running on the Friends of Spud & Chloë Ravelry group. Please post all questions either here on Spud says! as a comment or on the Ravelry thread instead of emailing or messaging me privately. Also, to all participants, please feel free to jump in and help each other and answer questions. I love that and that’s really what a knitalong is all about.

Click here for the Spud Knitalong thread on our Ravelry group, Friends of Spud & Chloë!

I am not a stickler for starting dates and joining in so all are welcome anytime. I would, however, love to know if you are joining me so if you haven’t so far, please do let me know.

I’ll be back soon with lots more….

28 Responses to “Twisted Loop Stitch Tutorial”

1. May 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm Blair Destro says:

Great reward for an easy stitch, thanks for showing everyone!!!

• May 2, 2011 at 3:59 pm sanderson says:

yes, great reward:)

2. May 2, 2011 at 4:30 pm Jennifer C. says:

Fantastic! That makes it much clearer. I can’t wait to start Spud now!

• May 2, 2011 at 5:19 pm sanderson says:

oh good!

3. May 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm Lucy says:

Love you, Susan. Although I can’t join the knitalong yet, I love your video, as always.

• May 3, 2011 at 7:57 am sanderson says:

lucy – i miss you lately. i hope you are well:)

• May 3, 2011 at 11:25 pm Lucy says:

Hi Susan. We’re doing fine. Just busing searching for a new office (which is done) and a new apartment (still searching). We were too greedy and missed a nice one last week. :.(

I haven’t done much knitting, sadly.

4. May 2, 2011 at 10:49 pm KathieR says:

Oh!! That makes it look so easy that I can’t wait to get started! Thanks for the video!

5. May 2, 2011 at 10:52 pm Linda Piotrowski says:

I’m grateful for the video and the knitalong. I’ll be able to start knitting tomorrow evening. I can’t wait! Thanks so much!

6. May 2, 2011 at 11:08 pm Reneelynn says:

Only got to row 8 tonight…but I’m started!!!!!!Have to start earlier tomorrow.

7. May 3, 2011 at 8:44 am katiez says:

Thanks for showing this stitch!! I cant WAIT to get Spud started!!

8. May 3, 2011 at 12:42 pm Cassandra says:

Videos like this are sooo helpful! Thanks for taking the time to share this.

9. May 3, 2011 at 1:43 pm Tammy says:

Love the video! thank you sooo much. I will be starting “spud of a differnt’ color” tonight and looking forward to it. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

10. May 3, 2011 at 10:30 pm Francesca says:

Thanks for sharing. I like it that you added the twist to the left before taking the 2 stitches together in the video. I didn’t know how to put the looped stitch on the front of the work from the book, I was doing it by hand. This is certainly less time consuming. Onward we go with the 3 inches….

11. May 4, 2011 at 5:55 pm kat wade says:

hi! is it possible to see a pic of spud next to a hand or a quarter or something? i’m having a hard time visualizing the finished product…
    thanks
    kat

• May 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm sanderson says:

Yes, in fact I just received my original Spud back from my publisher a couple of days ago.

12. May 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm Deborah says:

Great video! I’m ordering my yarn and will start when it arrives. I will be a bit behind but will follow everyone else in the meantime. He is so cute who can resist making him.

13. May 5, 2011 at 1:46 am Alicia says:

Aaahh! That last step “twist the folded loop to the left after putting it back on the needle” should be in the book! It makes it look so much better. I do love this book so much!

14. May 8, 2011 at 10:32 pm Bren says:

Have about an inch of tl to go. I “think” another four rows and I’ll be ready to start my decreases. This is my first knitted toy EVER!

• May 9, 2011 at 8:35 am sanderson says:

Go Brenda!

15. May 10, 2011 at 11:24 am andi says:

OMG! I’m just learning how to knit and this looks like SUCH a fun stitch – and toy! Thanks for a great, easy to follow tutorial!

16. September 10, 2011 at 5:14 am ge credit line says:

17.) Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

17. October 8, 2011 at 8:43 am BG mail says:

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

18. October 23, 2011 at 12:41 am replica orologi says:

There are certainly a number of details like that to take into consideration. That is a nice point to carry up. I provide the ideas above as common inspiration but clearly there are questions just like the one you convey up where crucial factor will be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged around issues like that, however I’m certain that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Each girls and boys feel the affect of only a second’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives. repliche orologi

19. November 4, 2011 at 4:57 am Burt & Associates says:

I enjoy the items you put in here. Very applicable information. Consider yourself book marked.

20. November 10, 2011 at 8:11 pm indian jewellery exhibition says:

Trade shows – Browse updated and comprehensive information on more than 10000 trade shows & exhibitions,International trade fairs,business trade shows … Details on http://www.indiantradeshows.com

21. November 10, 2011 at 8:20 pm Edgardo Shafto says:

Gaga has (blank) not long ago gazed at Europride, presented in Rome throughout June 2011

22. December 3, 2011 at 3:59 am wholesale moncler jackets says:

Valuable info. Lucky me I uncovered your web site by chance, that i’m shocked why this accident failed to happened earlier! I bookmarked it.