Spud & Chloë at the Farm

Here is a first glance at the cover of my next book, Spud & Chloë at the Farm! I have seen this new book popping up in places here and there so I want to jump in. We are all so excited for the release of the first Spud & Chloë book. It will be available for purchase in April 2011 so there is still a little bit of a wait. As the time gets closer to the release date I will start sharing more of the projects, sneak peeks, behind the scenes silliness and some of the contents of the pages within.

One thing that is really fantastic about this book is the unusual concept. It is a freshly coined “Knit and Read” book! The book has a completely new concept that will add to your knitting book experience. Spud & Chloë at the Farm is a knitting book with patterns for 13 adorable animals and farm accessories but it also includes an illustrated children’s story. I am so incredibly excited about this aspect of the book. Amy Cartwright, a talented illustrator, took my storyboards and story text and made the most adorable Spud & Chloë and their animal friends illustrations to go along with the story. As the patterns are presented to the reader so is the cute little story line.  It is printed in full length cartoon-style at the end of the book. It is just fun, fresh and cool.

I am very excited and proud of this collection of knitted toys. I hope you will join in the farm fun with me!

The book is available for pre-order on places like Amazon and Barnes & Noble and other big booksellers. It will also available in all of your local yarn shops that carry Spud & Chloë yarn and products. I am sure you could request to pre-order with your favorite yarn shop at anytime. Make sure you support your local yarn shops that carry our Spud & Chloë goodies!

Click here to see my new book on Amazon!

Click here to see my new book on Barnes & Noble!

25 Responses to “Spud & Chloë at the Farm”

1. December 30, 2010 at 9:39 pm Alisa says:

Awww! Too cute. This is just like Phoebe’s Sweater by Joanna and Eric Johnson. I gave that to my niece for Christmas this year and she loves it. I know she’ll enjoy this book as well! Can’t wait.

• January 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm sanderson says:

I love Phoebe’s Sweater so much and actually hosted a review and giveaway on my personal blog for the author. It is a beautifully done book.

This new book is a little different. S&C at the Farm is a knitting book with an interwoven story line, cartoon-style, running throughout the book along with the 13 patterns. Phoebe’s Sweater is a children’s book with a few wonderful patterns at the back that tie into her story.

Spud & Chloë at the Farm is coined a “knit and read” book because the focus is on both activities at the same time. It is a twisty and fun new concept.

2. December 30, 2010 at 9:51 pm Susan says:

Being a crazy knitter and a Susan Anderson devotee, I had already pre-ordered this at Amazon but am especially anxious to see the book now as I am a pre-school teacher and will love to see the story line. Thanks, Susan. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

3. December 30, 2010 at 10:40 pm Suzanne says:

Looking forward to seeing more!

4. December 30, 2010 at 11:41 pm Vickie Howell says:

This looks fantastic, Susan–congrats!

5. December 30, 2010 at 11:45 pm Ashley says:

Oh my goodness, this looks adorable! I can’t wait to see more of it!

6. December 30, 2010 at 11:52 pm Linda says:

I was so excited to see this book! I can’t wait until it is out. It is already on my birthday wish list. I am sure it will be great – your books have never let me down.

7. December 31, 2010 at 12:11 am Lucy says:

I’m very excited about this book, too. April seems such a long wait.

8. December 31, 2010 at 9:46 am Elizabeth says:

Congratulations! It looks adorable and I can’t wait!

9. December 31, 2010 at 11:15 am PurlingPenny says:

I’ve already pre-ordered this, and can’t wait for it to arrive!!

10. December 31, 2010 at 11:17 am Nancy says:

This is so adorable. I have made a number of your toys and can’t wait to get started on this set! Do we really have to wait until April?

11. December 31, 2010 at 11:24 am Heather says:

So excited for this new book AND, we’ll be moving in April of 2011 & we’ll have land. It will be fun to knit through the book as we enjoy the process of beginning our new home! :)

12. December 31, 2010 at 12:51 pm kim says:

aww! I can’t wait! my little girl steals all the tags from my spud & chloe yarn, and she keeps them in the s&c pencil case that she spotted at our LYS and had to have! being able to make her very own chloe and spud toys will be a dream come true for her, thanx so much Susan you make this mommy look like a hero with all your great patterns!

13. December 31, 2010 at 3:11 pm Sarah says:

Wow, too cute! I’m so excited to knit up some farm animals for my daughter (who is obsessed with Old Macdonald and her fisher price farm already….)!

14. December 31, 2010 at 5:57 pm Barb Yerke says:

Looks FANTASTIC!!!!! Can’t wait to camp out in front of Barnes and Noble in April. Anyone care to join me?

15. January 2, 2011 at 1:38 pm Barb says:

Oh Susan, this book looks so adorable! I can’t wait to see more of it, too! Right now April seems a long way off, but we know how fast time slips by. I’ve loved all of your other books – so many amazing, beautiful, fun things to knit! It’s fun and exciting to anticipate your new book.

Congratulations and Happy New Year!

16. January 2, 2011 at 10:34 pm KathieR says:

WONDERFUL IDEA!! My only regret is that it is APRIL. Sigh. First birthday of the grandson is in March–LOL. It will have to be an Easter present, maybe?? What a wonderful concept–the info says farm props, but I am assuming it also has the patterns for the characters?? Love it, love it, love it. Very clever.

• January 3, 2011 at 7:15 am sanderson says:

There are loads of animals, a mother hen, a little brown lamb, a barn cat, a farm dog, a cow…..

17. January 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm Jeanne says:

The release of the book sounds exciting. The concept is interesting. Good luck!

Jeanne from Siberia

18. January 20, 2011 at 10:24 am Michelle Carter says:

OMG I can’t wait to buy this!!! Soooooo cute as always! :)

19. April 15, 2011 at 6:16 pm Cathy says:

I saw this book in the latest Interweave Knits magazine! I am SO very excited to get it =) I am working on Phoebe from Phoebe’s sweater right now for my 2 girls, and my 6 year old says she wants a girl doll to go with her mouse, so I’m thinking this is it!!! Going look over at BarnesandNoble.com right now ;)

20. June 10, 2011 at 12:57 am Bbear says:

HI is there anyone out there willing to put up a tutorial on YOU TUBE for making Chloe’s hair.I purchased the book Spud & Chloe at the Farm.Have no clue how to attach the hair (yarn) to Chloe’s head.

21. December 21, 2011 at 1:03 pm Clint Wisham says:

I have a number of friends and siblings who have young children and this would come in handy to purchase gifts for the holidays or for their birthdays.

22. December 23, 2011 at 9:35 am Brent Munder says:

You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.