What do you think?

Well, she loves it!

Time to attach the top of the kangaroo pouch. Next a little blocking and then all will be done. I’m actually feeling a bit sad that it will soon be over.

43 Responses to “What do you think?”

1. September 27, 2010 at 11:56 am Francie Owens says:

Wow! I love it!!! The kangaroo pocket and hood and pom poms and thumb holes are the greatest. I love how involved TC has been in the planning and I know she will wear it a lot because of it. Great job.

We have our first cool day (high in the 60′s) here in Tennessee and I think I will get to wear my striped Spud & Chloe raglan for the first time this afternoon! Yeah!!!

Francie

2. September 27, 2010 at 12:07 pm Jen says:

That is looking so cute! I love the cords and pom poms–such a fun detail. I can’t wait until my kids are a bit older and able to give more input on designing their own knitwear.

3. September 27, 2010 at 12:21 pm Patricia says:

Looks great! Thanks for the video on picking up stitches. I love watching people knit who know what they are doing. I have been knitting since sixth grade, but only in the last 5 or 6 years have I learned how to read a pattern or do anything other than garter stitch. Now I don’t go anywhere without my knitting, even if I’m going through the drive-through at the bank, I spend my waiting time knitting. Love it!

4. September 27, 2010 at 12:22 pm Ana says:

Wonderful!
    For a bit of encouragement to everyone, I got my J.Jill catalog in the mail today. We can knit $89.00 sweaters now! The Thick and Thin sweater has a cute rolled edge and a crocheted neck edge. The Cardigan version has the cutest rounded pockets with a rolled edge and the Textural Cardigan has cute garter detail on the little rounded pockets. But the basic recipe is the raglan pullover! Go see…
    Ana

5. September 27, 2010 at 12:32 pm PurlingPenny says:

This sweater would be a hit with my daughter for sure. I love the bright colours….. long cuffs, what’s not to love?

6. September 27, 2010 at 12:46 pm Kelanie says:

I love it!! The colors are beautiful. Just in time for some fall weather too.

7. September 27, 2010 at 12:57 pm Sara in WI says:

You have done such a nice job with this KAL, Susan! TC’s input has been fun to watch as well….Thank you so much!
    Sara

8. September 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm Rockin It says:

I think TC was right mom. Those little touches are fantastic!!!

9. September 27, 2010 at 1:23 pm kashurst says:

What a cool sweater! I love the pom poms!

10. September 27, 2010 at 1:39 pm kelly says:

Love it!!

11. September 27, 2010 at 1:48 pm Toja says:

Now that’s one special sweater! Wonderful. I’m still knitting along. I’m a third of the way through my first sleeve, and am itching to finish it (oh busy schedule!)…

12. September 27, 2010 at 2:20 pm Sam says:

Totally rocks! Love it!

13. September 27, 2010 at 2:37 pm Kar says:

You really out did yourself this time Susan! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for doing this KAL, even if I was late to start. :)

14. September 27, 2010 at 2:51 pm Liz Monroe says:

I love the pocket and hood; thumbholes and pom poms all in beautiful stripes…you are so talented!

15. September 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm Brenda Jones says:

I think TC should consider majoring in design …

16. September 27, 2010 at 3:49 pm Julie says:

Gorgeous! That girl of yours knew what she wanted and the end result is just perfect.

17. September 27, 2010 at 3:53 pm Jenny (renewedmind) says:

So perfect! I really love all the little details. Great job :)

18. September 27, 2010 at 3:58 pm Deb says:

That’s really cute hoodie… Now will you take orders? LOL!
    The color combination, hoodie, thumbholes and pocket make it all fun to follow… I wasn’t able to keep up after all I ran into problems doing the first part and gave up. What’s the next project do you have in store for us? Christmas??

19. September 27, 2010 at 5:40 pm Terrie says:

It looks great!!

20. September 27, 2010 at 6:42 pm Kristin says:

The sweater looks great! I’m due with a little girl in February and I think she would look adorable in a tinier version. :)

In other news, I just received the pattern for the Buga Baby Bunting, plus four skeins of Outer in Rocket. The color is even more beautiful in real life than the pictures online. There’s a raspberry-ness to it that I couldn’t see online. I am loathe to finish my other projects — all I want to do is CAST ON!!!

Happy knitting!

21. September 27, 2010 at 7:52 pm Laura C says:

Love it! I’m sure she will be on cloud nine when she wears it! Pack it up when she outgrows it to be passed down to one of her kids someday!

22. September 27, 2010 at 11:16 pm Sheri says:

Your daughter has very good taste and her Mom is a great knitter! Just adorable.
    Sheri

23. September 28, 2010 at 2:30 am Amy Samin says:

Looks wonderful!

24. September 28, 2010 at 6:40 am Jessica Cornman says:

It’s so cute, I want one for myself!

25. September 28, 2010 at 6:46 am Kim Fluck says:

The kangaroo pocket rocks! It’s all fantastic. So fun seeing it all come together.

26. September 28, 2010 at 6:48 am Dawn says:

My daughter would love this sweater. I’ll have to get started…..

27. September 28, 2010 at 8:46 am Barb Yerke says:

GREAT hoodie. I love the thumb holes and the pom poms. Great special touch.

28. September 28, 2010 at 8:54 am ToniC says:

It looks really great! I’m not sure which I like most, the actual sweater or the fact that TC got to customize the design.

29. September 28, 2010 at 8:56 am Joan V. says:

Love it! You and TC make a good designing team. I look forward to future collaborations.

30. September 28, 2010 at 9:56 am Merri says:

Totally adorable! We love it all the great details. I have been requested to knit one “Just Like It” for my 12 year old Girly. Of course, Just Like It, except could the stripes be different colors and could it have a zipper…

31. September 28, 2010 at 10:32 am Carolknits says:

The sweater is perfect! Did you pick up stitches for the pocket from the sweater? When you bind off, will you bind off and attach the pocket at the same time, or just sew it on?
    The colors are wonderful. Thank you for your effort.
    Carol Ann

• September 28, 2010 at 10:50 am sanderson says:

I’ll talk about all of that on the next post:)

• September 28, 2010 at 12:27 pm Carolknits says:

I’m looking forward to it:)
        Carol Ann

32. September 28, 2010 at 12:44 pm Jody says:

That is so cute! I’ll be watching for how you did the pocket.

33. September 28, 2010 at 1:49 pm Kim says:

Fabulous!! You did it and it is gorgeous, love the colours TC selected and the cute pom-poms and thumb sleeves are perfect (as is the whole sweater)! I bet TC LOVES to wear it, knowing it was made with so much love and attention to detail. Well done!

34. September 29, 2010 at 10:13 am sleepyknitter says:

Thank you for sharing your progress on this wonderful sweater! So much fun to watch! The sweater is gorgeous.

How –and where!– are you joining new yarns? Your stripes look so even!

I have about a dozen stripes in my sweater, so far, and am about two inches past joining the neckline for knitting in the round, but at the yarn changes I keep winding up with a gap like a bound-off button hole. I’m fixing it when I weave in the ends, so the sweater looks fine outwardly, but I know it’s a structural problem. Any advice? Thank you!

35. September 29, 2010 at 10:15 am sleepyknitter says:

Thank you for sharing your progress on this wonderful sweater. So much fun to watch. The sweater is gorgeous. TC is a lucky girl!

How –and where!– are you joining new yarns? Your stripes look so even.

• September 29, 2010 at 10:22 am sanderson says:

I join in the new colors in a discreet spot like on the side so it isn’t as noticeable. Sometimes if I remember I will do the jogless jog (google it and you’ll find loads of info) and then when I weave in the ends I give an extra tug to make sure the joins aren’t loose.

• September 29, 2010 at 11:55 am sleepyknitter says:

Thank you! I’ll look up “jogless jog.” Your sweater stripes look perfect!

36. September 30, 2010 at 11:29 am Jessica says:

I absolutely love this sweater! The colors are awesome!

37. September 30, 2010 at 5:04 pm ali says:

LOVE it ~ the colors, the hood & the pom poms add the sweetest touch!!

38. December 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm Justin Chavira says:

Hey, you used to write great, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

39. December 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm Albert Dehmer says:

My problem has been already stated earlier with the flickering and inproper placing of ads. To add to it, I can not uninstall ie9, it does not show up in programs as being installed, but it is. When I try to re-install ie9, it gives an error that it can not install ie9 because I have a newer version of ie on my system. I’ve tried to go back to a Restore point, but they are now gone, except for the Restore point that my computer did right after installing ie9.