Popsicle Socks – Pattern Preview!

popsiclesocks

I have another pattern preview for you today. I am starting with my two patterns because I have the most to say about them. I started this colorful pair of knee length socks at the end of last summer.

My family took a family trip up north to Door County, Wisconsin. We stayed in a gorgeous modern house that I fell in love with. I had packed up a bag filled with wound skeins of Fine in all of the available colorways at that time. I would just sit in this wonderful red chair and add stripe after stripe. Every once in awhile I would stop and read my book. That’s a good book by the way. It was all so relaxing. I have fond memories of knitting those socks.

Here are a couple of the skeins just waiting to be added to the socks. These socks are addicting because you can’t wait to add the next color. I wrote the pattern to fit child to adult sizes. What I always do when I am working with lots colors and stripes is stop after every 3 to 4 color changes and I weave in the ends. Then at the end of the knitting I am pretty much done with the socks except for a few more ends to weave in. Clean up as you go! That’s my tip for the day.

Here are a couple of shots on my sock blockers. You can wear these scrunched up and slouchy or…

…pulled up high like knee socks.

Either way you can’t lose. They are fun to make and fun to wear! The pattern is available in mid-June through the Spud & Chloë pattern line which is sold in local yarn shops and online yarn shops.

Click here for the Ravelry project page for the Popsicle Socks!

I’ll be back soon with more!

11 Responses to “Popsicle Socks – Pattern Preview!”

1. May 31, 2010 at 12:45 am Lucy says:

Love those socks, love the bright colours!

By the way, your DPNs look really cool. What are they? Thanks.

2. May 31, 2010 at 1:39 pm Dianne@sheepdreams says:

Really cute socks! I’ve got 3 grand-daughters who would love those (and I would, too)! Very cute sock blockers. Do you remember where you got them? (I’m pretty sure I need them.)

3. May 31, 2010 at 2:27 pm PurlingPenny says:

These socks are something I know my slightly eccentric 13 year old would just love. It’s difficult to find something that she’d appreciate and enjoy wearing. I must make her these!

4. June 1, 2010 at 10:29 am Sara in WI says:

Guess who will be knitting these this summer?

5. June 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm DeAnna says:

I just started knitting in January and swore I would never do socks. Ummmm those socks are going to make me eat my words! Those are so cute! Now to get over my fear of knitting with multiple colors and knitting shapes such as socks and I will have a very cute pair of cool socks!

6. June 1, 2010 at 3:38 pm Veronika says:

These socks are just fantastic! My daughter (8yo) will love these, I’m sure! I’ve never finished an actual pair of socks and so I think this may have to be a pair that I knit and actually complete. Her b-day is coming up in August. Hmmm… now I just need to figure out how to knit them secretly, so she doesn’t know. :) -Ve

7. June 1, 2010 at 3:40 pm kimrknits says:

I love the socks…but I also love Micheal Perry-I have read all of his books! He also has fabulous CD’s!

8. June 2, 2010 at 2:50 pm Terrie says:

These are such cute socks!!

9. December 21, 2011 at 12:43 pm Jina Heckbert says:

Learn facts about the life insurance industry…

10. May 31, 2010 at 6:48 am sanderson says:

The dpns are called Signature Needle Arts.

11. May 31, 2010 at 8:49 pm sanderson says:

The sock blockers are from The Loopy Ewe which also just started carrying Spud & Chloë!