New Colors!

I want to give you a tiny sneak peek at a few of the new and exciting colorways for the Spud & Chloë yarns today. As always, much thought and consideration goes into each and every color for our yarn line. We had a couple of threads running on Ravelry about colors people would like to see added to the line. There were discussions and test runs conducted. Anyway, all of this boils down to these new colors:

In the Fine, we’re introducing 7814 Shitake and 7815 Red Hot!

In the Outer, there’s 7210 Hedge, 7211 Rocket, and 7212 Sandbox!

In the Sweater, we’ve added 7515 Cider and 7516 Grape Jelly!

All of the new colors will be available in June 2010 so keep your eyes peeled. To go along with the color additions we are adding lots of new and fun patterns for Spud & Chloë as well. The big kick-off is at TNNA in Columbus, Ohio, so if you are attending please be sure to stop by to check everything out. If you aren’t attending TNNA, no worries, I will keep you updated right here on Spud says!

I’ll be sharing more previews on the yarn and the patterns coming up soon. Plus, we are quickly coming up on our first year anniversary which is hard to believe. We have some fun things cooking to help us celebrate. It has been an amazing year, better than we could have imagined.

The best part is that we have only just begun.

14 Responses to “New Colors!”

1. May 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm Jennifer says:

YAY for purples!!! I’ve been waiting and waiting. Must go plan projects now! :)

2. May 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm Debbie says:

Love that Grape Jelly! I’m going to start looking for the right sweater pattern for that purple!

3. May 1, 2010 at 7:07 pm Andrea says:

I love the Grape Jelly!!!!! Now if I could just convince our yarn store to carry it!

4. May 2, 2010 at 6:57 am judy schmitz says:

Wow, great – am ordering now – we were waiting for new colors and of course I see them first here! Fabulousity!

5. May 2, 2010 at 10:41 am Terrie says:

How fun! Can’t wait to see all the new colors and patterns :)

6. May 2, 2010 at 2:39 pm Tiffany W says:

It’s great to see the purple in sweater. I am working on my daughter’s second summer dress in Spud and Chloe yarn. I am in love!

7. May 3, 2010 at 7:38 am strawberie blonde says:

Hooray for purple!! I can’t wait to cast on!!!
    hee hee – I just typed this and then looked at all the similar responses :)

8. May 3, 2010 at 3:41 pm Melody says:

Can’t wait to see new patterns and the Grape Jelly is DEEE-VINE
    Thanks for the preview – Mel

9. May 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm Caarin says:

Love your yarn! I am just finishing a toddler pullover in the sweater weight. I knit a lot of things for kids and am so glad to be able to work with a wool/cotton blend. It’s so SOFT, it’s light, and it will wear well in many seasons. I would knit with it all the time if you had a few more colors and a DK weight. For colors please consider adding grey, black, and a true red. Also more pastel blue and pink would be nice. I’m so happy to have found Spud and Chloe – it’s a real winner!

10. March 15, 2011 at 3:42 pm Marsha says:

I just received an order of Spud and Chloe sweater weight yarn to make a patchwork baby blanket….colors are great…except for the new color “barn”, whose name implied for me a dark, muddy red….instead, it was a bright, almost scarlet color…and I am not sure I want to use it with the other colors I have chosen (root beer, cider, grass, and moonlight)…
    I may give firefly a try, but it may be too near a pastel…this is the first time I have been disappointed in my color choices/perceptions…..

• March 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm sanderson says:

Barn is a bright true red and Firecracker is a more muted rusty red. Can you return the Barn for another color or use it for something else hopefully? Firefly would be beautiful with the other colors you’ve listed. It is not a pastel yellow in my opinion but a richer buttery yellow, it is one of my favorites yellows.

11. December 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm Fatimah Mahmoud says:

Hi, vuRNhqUo NgbSeNc

12. May 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm sanderson says:

Me, too, on the purple! Grape Jelly no less. Yum!

13. May 1, 2010 at 3:52 pm sanderson says:

That might be my new favorite, too:)