Tiny Elf December Knitalong Part Three

Well, I am back to give you another part of the pattern tonight. I am sitting in the Little Rock airport and they have free internet which is nice.

Now I have completed the legs and elf shoes so without further ado here is the rest of the pattern so far.

Legs:

On the lower front of the body (use the photo as a guide) pick up 3 stitches with Ice Cream and one double-pointed needle. Use 2 double-pointed needles to work in I-cord. Work in I-cord until the leg measures 1 ½ inches from the pick up row. Bind off. Cut the yarn leaving a 6 inch end. Pull the end through the remaining stitch.

Repeat for the second leg lining it up with the first leg.

Elf Shoes:

With Grass and double-pointed needles, cast on 6 stitches placing 2 stitches on each of 3 needles. Join to work in the round being careful not to twist the stitches. Place a stitch marker on the first stitch.

Rnd 1: knit

Rnd 2: (k1, m1, k1) repeat on each needle (3 sts per needle, 9 sts total)

Rnds 3-6: knit

At this point, place the end from the cast on stitches on a yarn needle. Take some stitches to close the hole and pull up tight. Pull the end to the inside and trim. Stuff the shoe with a tiny amount of fiberfill.

Rnd 7: (k1, k2tog) repeat on each needle (2 sts per needle, 6 sts total remain)

Rnd 8-9: knit

Rnd 10: (k2tog) repeat on each needle (1 st per needle, 3 sts total remain)

Cut the yarn and pull the end through the remaining stitch. Pull the end to the inside and trim to stay inside.

Place the end from the leg on a yarn needle. Whipstitch the top of the shoe to the leg. Pull the end to the inside and trim.

Repeat for the second elf shoe.

That’s it for now, Knitters. I’ll see what I can squeeze in for tomorrow. Next up is an elf face and a tiny elf scarf. Have fun!

8 Responses to “Tiny Elf December Knitalong Part Three”

1. December 3, 2009 at 10:19 pm Amy Legg says:

Hi Susan,

You’ve got me with this one. I laughed out loud when I saw those elfin feet! I own a knit shop in Baltimore and we’re anxiously awaiting Itty Bitty Toys tomorrow. Your blog is amazing and your work fabulous. I’m a big fan. If you ever want to come for a visit, we’d love to have you. Our website is under construction, so don’t look for us on the web- someone took out domain name and we’re site-less at the moment. We’re a great shop with an active knitting and crochet community. We can’t wait for the new book and all the new diddly-poos inside.

Congratulations and my very best regards,

Amy
    Woolworks
    6117 Falls Road
    Baltimore, MD 21209
    410-377-2060

2. December 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm Alli Barrett says:

Susan!! You simply astound me with your amazing creativity, wit and charmed knits! I particularly love this little elf, thank you so much for sharing him with us!

Alli

3. December 3, 2009 at 11:15 pm Katie B says:

This is so cute I can hardly stand it! I’m all caught up. Can’t wait to see his little face!!

4. December 4, 2009 at 9:25 am Laura Tawney says:

Hi Susan,
    This little elf is so cute and I’m following along (only about 1/2 way through the first post) and I can hardly wait to get further along. I’m planning on working on him this weekend. Of course I may have to make more than 1. Thanks so much for taking the time to come up with this darling pattern and post about it:)
    Laura T

5. December 4, 2009 at 11:35 am Andi says:

He’s just the cutest little guy! Love every thing about him. Thanks for your generosity in giving us this free KAL. Love your books, too! Be safe while on the raod!

6. December 4, 2009 at 2:54 pm folksmith says:

that elf is just too darn cute. will have to try and make one. just love it!

7. December 21, 2011 at 1:10 pm Bryant Citro says:

I hate all the sections they gender. I’m surprised they haven’t managed to gender toothpaste more than they already have. It wouldn’t be so bad if there were more room for other colors- but you can walk into most sections of a store and see the line where it goes from blue to pink. There is no blur. There is maybe a tiny section of gender neutral toys, and most of those get gendered. Like art- do you want Princesses or Sharks in your coloring book?

8. December 3, 2009 at 10:24 pm sanderson says:

Hi Amy,
    Thanks for the nice comment. I am flattered. At this time I am not scheduling any more tour stops but hopefully sometime in the future:)
    susan