Braided Video Tutorials

I whipped up a few videos showing how to work up the Braided scarf. It is in four parts and here they are!

There you go! I hope this is fun to watch and most of all that the videos are helpful.
Enjoy.

26 Responses to “Braided Video Tutorials”

1. October 4, 2009 at 12:12 pm Susan says:

Thanks so much. I knew how to do each step but it was helpful to see it all put together as I am a very visual learner. Thanks for keeping me knitting.
    Susan R.

2. October 5, 2009 at 11:53 am Debra says:

Having the tutorial on video makes much more sense! it’s nice to see it step by step, very very useful, thanks for doing that!

3. October 6, 2009 at 8:57 am Jen Gough says:

Thanks so much for the video tutorial! It really helped me fully understand the pattern. I can hardly wait to cast on make myself one. Thanks!

4. October 7, 2009 at 6:06 pm Stacy says:

In the pattern it says to use US 17 needles, and in the tutorial it looks like you are using smaller needles than 17 and they are circular. Is my scarf going to look different than yours if I use what is recommended in the pattern? thanks- stacy

5. October 7, 2009 at 10:25 pm lcase says:

Thanks for the videos! My scarf is coming along great, can’t wait to finish it. Thanks again, the videos are really helpful.

Lisa

6. October 12, 2009 at 7:13 am Eileen says:

Thanks so much for the pattern and videos! I am making these scarves for several people for Christmas because I love mine so much!

7. October 30, 2009 at 6:02 pm Regina says:

Thanks so much for the tutorial! The scarf is so original! Thanks. Regina

8. November 22, 2009 at 9:50 am Cathey says:

Susan, thank you so much for the video’s. I am in the process of making the braided scarf and have gone step by step from your video. It’s awesome! Love Spud and Chloe!

9. December 4, 2009 at 9:51 am Donna says:

I can’t wait to try this out. You provided an excellent tutorial. Thank you for sharing this!

10. December 9, 2009 at 12:17 pm paws says:

Hey Susan,

Thanks for the video! I got some useful tips from it.

One thing…The pattern for Braided says to braid the I-cord “until the cord with the attached yarn ends up on the right side,” but in the video you’ve braided until it’s on the left side.

Thanks!

11. January 10, 2010 at 7:22 pm Annie Young says:

Wow. I am so impressed with your knitting style. I have never seen this done. I have always done it the old fashioned way. I will have to give it a try as I find the “other” way does get rather bulky.

Where or how did you learn of this method?

12. January 19, 2010 at 1:15 pm Jessica says:

This is so incredibly helpful! Such an awesome scarf, but I haven’t knitted in years and wouldn’t have remembered how to even begin it. Thanks to your tutorial, I’m half way done with my braided scarf! You rock :)

13. February 9, 2010 at 3:14 am Abby says:

thanx heaps susan… your videos rock!! My sound is playing up and I could follow along just fine without it… your videos are very visually expressive. Great work.

14. February 10, 2010 at 6:37 pm Pat says:

Saw this scarf on Knit and Crochet Now, the tv show. Altho I love crochet I know how to knit. I just love this scarf and am making it now. I was stumped as how to make the left braid end up on the right hand side, but after seeing your explanation, I am back at work.

15. May 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm Marilia says:

thanks a lot for the video! my scarf is half way done and i couldn’t have done it without this tutorial…

16. August 3, 2010 at 11:35 pm Becca says:

I just finished watching the videos and I am very encouraged to try this scarf. I am ordering my yarn tomorrow!

17. October 6, 2010 at 9:53 am Kathy says:

Susan,
    The scarf and the video are so great. THANK You!
    I have two daughters that *were* knitting, and I’d like
    to share this with them and maybe it will encourage them
    to get knitting again–the scarf is so nice, they will want
    one in several colors. I love how simple it is to knit, but that
    it looks more complex. Your videos make it so clear, and also
    make it look so fun. I am off to our LYS that carries S & C. Yea.
    I’ll be making several of these Braided scarves as gifts (even if
    the girls don’t, lol). Love it, Love it, Love it. Thank you!!!!!

18. October 25, 2010 at 7:20 pm Karin says:

Thank you so much for the videos! I have never done icords using dpns’ before, I always use my little icord maker guy. (I have no idea what it’s called. I am going to start this scarf for my sister in law right now!

19. January 1, 2011 at 3:14 pm Trang Nguyen says:

Thank you for the video. You doing very good job. I injoy to watch the video

20. January 5, 2011 at 9:33 am tiff says:

exactly what i was looking for! thanks for the tutorial!

21. February 1, 2011 at 4:47 pm Barbara says:

Your videos are helpful.Thank you so much for puting them on

22. August 3, 2011 at 11:35 pm Beverly says:

Susan, I love your braided scarf. I’m making scarfs for the Special Olympics program so am doing this on with their Super Saver red & navy yarn. I’m using size 11 needles for the body and size 8 double point for the braid. 27 stitches in the rib and divided into 9 stitches for each I-cord. It is working out perfectly at 6″ wide. Oh, I used the red for the rib and the navy for the braids. LOVE THIS SCARF!

23. January 7, 2012 at 7:18 am Belstaff Colonial Large Shoulder Bag Sale says:

That certainly great web page you could have visiting this site. The matter is very useful and also immediately to the point. Ecstatic to learn to read a little more about your site the next time.

24. October 7, 2009 at 6:45 pm sanderson says:

Hi Stacy,
    The needles I use in the videos are exactly the same needles and sizes listed in the pattern. I used a 24-inch US size 17 needles for the ribbed section or you could use straight needles for the ribbed section. I used a set of four US size 13 double-pointed needles for the I-cord section. I used these same needles for knitting up the sample for the pattern and for the video tutorials.

Good luck.
    susan

25. December 9, 2009 at 12:22 pm sanderson says:

I amended that on the pattern page on the blog. It doesn’t matter which side you end up with the working yarn after the braid but just be aware which rib side you are on.

26. January 10, 2010 at 7:44 pm sanderson says:

I taught myself to knit so I kind of made it up as I went along. It is continental style knitting although I know I do have some quirky ways of doing things.