Ribbit – Free Pattern!

Ribbit

I am excited to introduce a new Spud & Chloë free pattern to you today. Meet Ribbit!

Ribbit is knit up in the fabulous Spud & Chloë Sweater in the Grass #7502 colorway and you only need one skein. The added twist is that inside of the body is a tennis ball! This means that Ribbit bounces when tossed! How fun is that? The bounce is softened because of the knitted enclosure but this makes it even better for indoor play.

ribbit-the-collector

The tennis ball inside is optional and  you can always simply stuff the body with fiber-fill.

Have fun, Knitters! This is a good one. Plus it is fairly simple in construction. The pattern is a basic skill-builder for beginners and a breeze for all other knitters.

Added later: Please note that to attach the head to the body place a length of yarn or an available end on a yarn needle. Whipstitch the head to the top of the body and pull all ends to the inside and trim.

Download free Ribbit pattern here.

66 Responses to “Ribbit – Free Pattern!”

1. July 1, 2009 at 11:39 am coffeechris says:

Tennis ball so clever….I’m croaking here, want to knit up some for a fun game of leap frog. Thanks for all the fun free patterns it’s like Christmas in July:)

2. July 1, 2009 at 11:40 am Kate says:

So cute Susan! Thanks so much! I can’t wait to make him for one of my lucky boys :)

3. July 1, 2009 at 2:55 pm Debbie says:

Susan that tennis ball idea is GREAT!! Just adds to all the cuteness of the pattern. Thank you.

4. July 1, 2009 at 6:47 pm Jackie P says:

This is so cute, thanks for the pattern!

5. July 1, 2009 at 8:33 pm Katie b says:

This is so clever I can hardly stand it! I can’t wait to get started.

6. July 2, 2009 at 10:44 am Lina says:

This is so cute! thanks so much for posting it.

7. July 2, 2009 at 11:40 am Terrie says:

How adorable!! Thanks for another cute free pattern; great idea with the tennis ball :)

8. July 2, 2009 at 4:20 pm Rachel says:

He’s ADORABLE! Thanks so much for the pattern, I’ll be linking.

9. July 3, 2009 at 8:03 pm stacey says:

Jeez, how cute is that! Thank you! I love the tennis ball – a froggy that bounces! Genious!

10. July 5, 2009 at 11:12 am Chloe says:

I love the pattern, but I didn’t see any instructions on how to attach the head. I’m sure I missed something, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

11. July 5, 2009 at 11:26 am Chloe says:

Oh my gosh–Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I was just showing my husband the pattern (I plan to make this as part of a baby gift basket), and I couldn’t believe your quick response. The tennis ball idea is genius, but they way. I can’t wait to get started :)

12. July 5, 2009 at 12:31 pm Chloe says:

Sorry . . . my last post should have read “by the way”–not “but they way.” Sheesh . . .

13. July 6, 2009 at 2:11 pm Anna says:

Way cool!!! I just dyed a new yarn in frog green.
    A.

14. July 8, 2009 at 11:36 pm flora says:

Hi!
    NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD RIBBIT.DO YOU THINK YOU CAN SENT ME THE PATTERN E MAIL. THANKS YOU
    FLORA
    PS LOVE ALL THE NICE WORK OF CRAFTS YOU DO..

15. July 9, 2009 at 10:44 am Erika says:

I love it! One of my friends teaching pre-school music and I’d love to make her several of these for the song 5 little speckled frogs….hmm might have to find a pattern for a speckled log too. Thanks for the fun pattern!

16. July 12, 2009 at 7:17 pm Annie says:

Oh my goodness — this is SO adorable!! I’ve got so many tennis balls — this is a fantastic idea!! Thank you for sharing!!

17. July 16, 2009 at 8:26 am Katie B says:

Thanks so much for this pattern, Susan. I made Ribbit for my son’s upcoming birthday, and I know he’ll love it! The tennis ball is such a fun touch. I couldn’t get the French knot down, so I just used some little buttons.

This was my first time using Spud & Chloe yarn, and it knit up just beautifully! I’m so glad my local yarn shop stocks it.

P.S. I posted a picture of my Ribbit on my blog if you’d like to check him out.

18. July 17, 2009 at 7:20 pm Norma says:

My froggie is just adorabble. Thanks for the pattern.:)

19. July 21, 2009 at 2:31 am Erin says:

I have been looking for a cute frog pattern for a very long time now! I was very excited to see a new Frog pattern on knittingpatterncentral.com… though I didn’t have very high hopes, seeing as how the other frog patterns I’ve found were not very cute. Love this!

20. July 21, 2009 at 6:55 pm maureen says:

Thank you so much for your generosity – I can’t wait to get started! He’s too cute!

21. July 31, 2009 at 8:09 am Linda Forester says:

I have tried repeatedly to copy your cute little frog-Ribbit pattern but it will not copy. What is the next step to receive it. Thanks! Lynn

22. August 17, 2009 at 5:13 am rocci says:

HI
    I love the ribbit, he looks fantastic and I would love to make him. However whenever I press the download pattern, all I get is a blank page. What am I doing wrong? Please help, I’m desperate to knit him.

23. August 17, 2009 at 2:12 pm rocci says:

Thanks very much Susan. There was something wrong with my computer’s ability to read pdf files, but have managed to download it on my husband’s computer. Thank you for a great looking pattern, I can’t wait to get started.
    Rocci

24. August 19, 2009 at 8:03 am Catherine says:

Thank you very much for this pattern, I find it very cute ! I’ll try to start it very soon… ( sorry if I write some mistakes : I’m french )
    Catherine

25. September 2, 2009 at 5:42 pm brenda says:

This is a wonderful pattern! I’m almost finished except for the embroidery.

Thanks so much, it was great fun.

26. September 3, 2009 at 1:42 am pelican knits says:

love it!1 ribbit ribbit.. I have a use for my old tennis balls!

27. January 2, 2010 at 3:15 pm nancy riley says:

My son too loves snakes,do you have the directions for him?

28. January 17, 2010 at 12:35 pm Liz Romero says:

How can i get the free pattorn of the ribit

29. February 25, 2010 at 10:51 pm Jennifer Kipfer says:

Hi
    I belong to a group of “graffiti knitters” who would like to knit your “Ribbit” and display him at a fundraising event for the Hospice Assn in New Zealand. We may also knit him for an Art Gallery exhibition later in the year. Please may we have your permission for this.

30. March 16, 2010 at 4:57 pm Cheryl says:

I love your little frog and decided to down load your pattern. Problem is it is labeled “Rabbit” not frog so I don’t know what the pattern really is.

God Bless
    Cheryl

31. July 7, 2010 at 2:05 pm BabyFeet says:

How cute! Can’t wait to try it!

32. July 8, 2010 at 11:07 pm Sarah says:

I love it!
    Downloaded, and I’ll have to make a sample (and find green yarn) … I hope it is simple enough for my knitting club kids to try in the fall.

33. July 27, 2010 at 5:32 pm Aurelia says:

Thank you, Susan. I love this frog so much, but I’m a beginner for knitting.. not sure if I can accomplish this..
    It’s so cute~~

• July 27, 2010 at 6:36 pm sanderson says:

You can do it!!!!!

34. January 29, 2011 at 6:41 pm Jennifer says:

Thank you so much for making these patterns available for free. I enjoyed making Ribbit, and I’m going to make Rabbit next. Such sweet little gifts these will be!

35. February 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm Magdalena says:

Hi, your work is amazing! I am very impressed. I would like to try to knit the Ribbit, but when I try to download it I got a message: “the file is damaged and can not be repaired”.. (I do not have any problems with other patterns).
    Is there any other way to get this pattern?
    Thank you!
    Magdalena

• February 21, 2011 at 9:22 pm sanderson says:

I just checked out the link for the Ribbit pattern and it popped right up with no problem. Is there another computer you can try to download the pattern on?

36. April 7, 2011 at 1:38 pm nikibean says:

So cute! I can’t wait to make this. so – does the stuffing go around the tennis ball? Or does the body just fit around the tennis ball exactly? does the frog really bounce? Anyone tried this guy on a 1 year old?
    thanks :)

• April 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm sanderson says:

the body fits snuggly around the tennis ball, the stuffing is used for the head. it doesn’t bounce high but more like a small bounce on a table.

37. September 6, 2011 at 12:24 pm Renee says:

Been having problems loading the PDF for this pattern, is it possible to get it sent to me or something?

38. September 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm margarida says:

Thank you very much for being so generous giving us your work. I will surely make some of your wonderful animals.

39. October 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm mikayla pelton says:

do you have a youtube video that fallow the directions

40. November 13, 2011 at 11:44 pm Marg says:

This is fabulous! I am almost done making one for my son for Christmas– and it’s fast too! Do you have any other instructions for any others– I have four boys and would love to make one each! :O)
    Thanks very much for you generosity in sharing your talent with us all– Finn will LOVE this on Christmas morning!

• December 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm joan spisak says:

I am asking you how did you knit round 2. I always come up with 13 st. What am I doing wrong? I have tried numerous times to get in touch with Mrs, Anderson, but I am having problems getting thru to her via craftsy.com, Please advise what you knitted on each needle to get 15 stitches. I gues my brain just stopped. Really appreciate it Thanks Joan spisak jcspisak32@windstream.net

41. December 7, 2011 at 6:34 am Lillian says:

Thanks for your tips about this blog. One particular thing I would want to say is that often purchasing electronic products items over the Internet is certainly not new. Actually, in the past decade alone, the market for online gadgets has grown a great deal. Today, you can get practically any type of electronic gadget and other gadgets on the Internet, including cameras along with camcorders to computer spare parts and gambling consoles.

42. December 14, 2011 at 4:36 pm joan spisak says:

I am having problems with round 2- I keep gettinmg only 13 stitches. Please advise, what am I doing wrong

43. July 5, 2009 at 11:21 am sanderson says:

The head is whipstitched to the top of the body with an end and a yarn needle. I’ll double-check to make sure the instructions are included. Thanks and have fun!

44. July 9, 2009 at 6:05 am sanderson says:

That’s too bad. Hmmm…maybe try again today and let me know if it still doesn’t work? It should work. We’ll figure something out.
    susan

45. July 9, 2009 at 11:56 am flora says:

hi!
    I will try to download it today..let you know if it works
    thanks Sanderson
    flora

46. July 21, 2009 at 7:25 am sanderson says:

Oh good!! Have fun!

47. July 31, 2009 at 7:07 pm sanderson says:

Hi Linda,
    The pattern should download to your computer when you click on the link to download the pattern. Then you can print it out.

It should be working fine.

Good luck,
    susan

48. August 17, 2009 at 6:22 am sanderson says:

Hi Rocci,
    I just tried several times and the pattern uploaded fine. It took a couple seconds to pop up.

It should be working.
    susan

49. January 17, 2010 at 12:50 pm sanderson says:

Click on the free download at the bottom of the post!
    susan

50. March 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm sanderson says:

If you go on the blog and click on the frog photo under the free patterns the post about Ribbit pops up. At the bottom there is a link to click on to download the free pattern.

51. July 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm Julie says:

Ribbit Pattern: I can’t get the pattern to come up. I see the picture but when I click on the link I get a black screen with a lavender top portion. It’s like an endless circle, whether I click on the picture or the free pattern link. I’d love to knit this for my grandbaby that is on the way.

52. July 30, 2010 at 9:20 pm sanderson says:

Hmmm…. I just tried it and the pattern popped right up! It could be something to do with your computer. Here is the direct link to the pattern:

Let me know if that works.